Negotiations

One area where you can really see and hear yourself is by watching your children interact with others. I have especially noticed this in the area of negotiations. This is a wickedly important skill in raising children, but I'm not sure how I feel about how quickly my own children are catching on.

Chloe seems to be the real trickery girl, picking up on this faster than Harry Potter on his broom. I often watch her work her magic on her little sister. How about if you have the little squirrel, since it's the cuter one (yeah, right!), and then we'll trade. Or, Tootsie rolls aren't as yummy as suckers, so I'll let you have the sucker. Haha! Sucker is right!

We were at the pumpkin patch the other day with Chloe's class. We were trying to get around to all of the fun activities. Chloe's negotiation skills were really kicking in. She kept working hard to convince her friends that the biking activity took a little bit less time and effort than the big trampoline, so they should save the tramp for last. Then maybe they should consider the corn maze for the longest amount of time, in case they get lost (but really because it is right next to the bunnies!)

She cracks me up. But what cracks me up the most, is where (or should I say whom) she is learning it all from. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment