Proud Parents

You just have to love those times when everything seems to be going great with the kids. Or at least 50 percent of them. Actually, 75 percent. We DO have a three year old. The baby is pretty consistent. Yay for that!

Every now and then parents deserve some serious bragging rights. I feel like I currently have those very rights, in fact an obligation, to share just how amazing and brilliant my children are!

My little Chloe--six years old and in Kindergarten--achieved Super Camper status last week. She was the second child in her classroom to achieve this. The first child to achieve this was in Kindergarten last year and also with their same teacher. So he already knew what to do to earn such an honor. So, I asked my sweet Chloe how she became the second Super Camper. And she replied, "I knew Makoa was on his way to getting Super Camper the first week, so I just watched everything he did. And when it was time to compete for a new Super Camper, I just did everything he had done." Kudos kiddo. I think you just learned a major life lesson! Not to mention Mommy's appreciation for you super behavior in school. Proud. Proud. Proud.

On to Clare. Each week her classroom has a spelling test on Monday, and then they study the words all week so that they can re-take the test on Friday. There are even bonus words. She has aced the spelling test on Monday of every week, including the bonus words, the entire first quarter. Her teacher is now making up a couple of harder words for her to study just to give her something to test on Friday. She is the only kid in her class that has passed this test every Monday. I have no idea how she is doing it. I am truly starting to believe there is a photographic memory in the precious little head. Regardless, I of course feel she in on the road to certifiable braniac. Beaming. Beaming. Beaming.

Gotta love the proud moments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment