Homeschooling

This is just quick shout out to my friends who homeschool their children. You are amazing. I seriously don't know how you do it. My patience would go, then my sanity, then my ability to not run away from home. I'm pretty sure my children would not only learn absolutely nothing if I homeschooled, but they would lose their mother as well, to a tropical island and a really tall, strong margarita. Maybe after a while, I'd come home. Maybe.

What made me realize how incredible these homeschooling women are, is that some Saturday mornings when we actually sleep in until 7:30 am, I get to thinking, 'this is why homeschooling would rock. We could sleep in, and just do our 'schoolwork' via the Wii or something, and then we could go outside and run some laps so everyone is so friggin tired that when I'm ready to take a nap, they feel up to eating popcorn on the couch and watching a movie. Then I'd teach them some good ol home ec, so that they can do the laundry and cook Daddy's dinner.' It was starting to sound really good to me, until about 9am hit, and everyone was whining they were hungry again, and the baby was swinging from the light fixtures and the toddler had taken fingerpaint to the walls and the second to the oldest had built forts using every blanket we own in order to make shelter for her stuffed animals and my oldest is applying way too much make-up to her sweet little innocent face.

That's when I think about filing a petition for Saturday school.

So, my hats off to you homeschooling mothers. Clearly, you give up probably all of yourself to do something important. And if you ever want a few more, just tell me what time to drop mine off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment