Those Teary Moments.

It is Valentine's Day soon.So here is the Daddy/Daughter dance. So sweet. And comical. Clare, the oldest, was like, "Seriously, Mom, do I have to, like, slow dance?" This, as she rolls her eyes. I mean, I'd expect that from maybe junior high, but 2nd grade. My goodness. Fortunately, she was so excited to see Daddy in his coat and tie. She suddenly felt very 'grown up-ish.'

The middle one, "Mom, if they don't play China Anne McClain, then we will have to leave." (It's a county radio station hosting the dance). yeah, there will be some adjustment there. I also spent about 1/2 hour curling her hair only to wet it down and straighten it. Can you say, Diva? yeah, that's her. On the nail.

The youngest, "Since I am performing my ballet dance, I better put on my best leotard and don't forget my ballet tights and shoes." --Um, it's not really like dance class, per say.

Regardless, I am sure they will have a good time. The best of all? I showed them some photos of some other little girls and their Daddy's that had been posted on Facebook and were all dressed up and headed to the dance. They were like, "Mom, we will see that girl on the dance floor." I said, "Well, what about Daddy?" Response: "Oh, you know it goes, Mom, he'll just be talking to everybody." (Crack up---yeah, I know how that goes!) :)

Mommy and baby boy will catch some really great movie on Netflix and oh, I don't know, roll some cars around on the carpet? Me, a wine glass. Him, a lovely bottle with nothing but the best Whole Organic Milk. We're hanging in style tonight baby.

Anyway, I love this for these girls. What a special night. Such loves, aren't they all?

0 comments:

Post a Comment